From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
The Mack (1973, USA) is a Blaxploitation-Crime film directed by Michael Campus.
- Contents: Film Review | Available DVDs | Poster Art | Soundtrack | Fun Facts | Double-Feature Poster
- Included in: Quentin Tarantino's Top 20 | GCDb Top 20 | The Baadasssss Blaxploitation Top 20
- Featured in: Afros, Macks & Zodiacs | American Grindhouse | BaadAsssss Cinema
- Released in 1973
- Running Time: 110 Min.
- Distribution Co: Ambassador Film Distributors (1973) (Canada) (theatrical) | Cinerama Releasing Corporation (1973) (USA) (theatrical)| American International Pictures (re-release)
- Directed by Michael Campus
- Written by Robert J. Poole
- Starring Max Julien, Richard Pryor, Don Gordon, Carol Speed, Roger E. Mosley, Dick Anthony Williams, William Watson
- Produced by Harvey Bernhard
- Original Music by Willie Hutch
- Cinematography by Ralph Woolsey
- Film Editing by Frank C. Decot
- Goldie returns from five years at the state pen and winds up King of the pimping game. Trouble comes in the form of two corrupt white cops and a crime lord who wants him to return to the small time.
Also Known As
- Goldy el chulo (Spain)
- Le Mac (France)
- Mack - il marciapiede della violenza (Italy)
- Straßen zur Hölle (Germany)
- The Mack and His Pack
- They're doing the job the cops can't!
- There's a new kind of hero on the streets!
- The original, the one and only...to make you feel gooo-o-o-o-o-o-d!