The Double Man
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
Revision as of 14:53, 11 May 2018 by Pete
- Releasded in 1967
- Running time: 105 min.
- Production Co: Albion Film Corp.
- Distribution Co: Warner Bros.
- Directed by Franklin J. Schaffner
- Written by Alfred Hayes, Frank Tarloff
- Starring Yul Brynner, Britt Ekland, Clive Revill, Anton Diffring
- Music by Ernie Freeman
- Cinematography by Denys N. Coop
- Edited by Richard Best
The Double Man is a 1967 British spy film directed by Franklin Schaffner. Its plot is very loosely based on the critically acclaimed 1958 novel Legacy of a Spy by Henry S. Maxfield. As in the novel, much of the action takes place in the Austrian Alps. The film stars Yul Brynner as a CIA agent investigating his son's fatal "accident": although he learns a few things from others, he slowly is convinced something else is happening and discovers that the Russian plan is to put another agent looking like him in place. (Wikipedia)