The Battle Of Love's Return
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
Revision as of 15:46, 20 October 2019 by JKData
- Contents: Watch Movie
- Released in 1971 | B & W/Color
- Running Time: 82 Min.
- Production Co: Troma Entertainment
- Distribution Co: Troma Entertainment (1971) (USA) (theatrical)
- Directed by Lloyd Kaufman
- Written by Lloyd Kaufman
- Starring Lloyd Kaufman, Lynn Lowry, Andy Kay, Stanley Kaufman
- Produced by Garrard Glenn, Lloyd Kaufman, Frank Vitale
- Original Music by André Golino, Lloyd Kaufman
- Film Editing by Lloyd Kaufman
- You can always keep a good man down!
The Battle of Love's Return is a 1971 comedy film written, directed, produced, and starring Lloyd Kaufman, the co-founder of Troma Entertainment, his first major film after his student production The Girl Who Returned. Kaufman plays 'Abacrombie', a down-on-his-luck loser. Upon being fired from his job, he sets out on a quest to find himself, encountering a variety of oddball characters who only make it harder for him. Sooner or later, he stumbles upon the girl of his dreams, and he determines to overcome his stupidity and win her heart. The film was favorably reviewed by Howard Thompson of the New York Times and Judith Crist of New York Magazine, who compared Kaufman to Woody Allen and Mel Brooks.