Kung Fu: Punch of Death
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- Released in 1973 | Color
- Runtime: 90 Min.
- Production Co: South Sea Film
- Distribution Co: L.A.N.A. Films (1974) (USA) (theatrical) (dubbed)
- Directed by Chai Yang Min
- Starring Fei Meng, Yasuaki Kurata, Lam Lam Lee, Pa Hung, Wang Qing
- Produced by Ying Chang
- Action Directors: Chia Yung Liu, Wong Pen-tsi
Also Known As
- Chen la furia scatenata (Italy) (TV title)
- Fong Sai Yuk (Hong Kong) (Cantonese title)
- Kung Fu: The Punch of Death
- Punhos de Tigre (Brazil)
- The Prodigal Boxer (Hong Kong) (English title)
- The Prodigal Boxer: The Kick of Death
- Every punch hurts, but the last one is...the punch of death!
- Overpowering in savage action!
- Legendary Chinese hero Fong Sai Yuk instigates a dispute with a corrupt rival martial school that results in his father's death and his and his mother's exile.
TPB is an early take on the legend of martial artist Fong Sai-Yuk (later to be portrayed by the likes of Jet Li and Alexander Fu-Sheng), here played by Mang Fei. Once Fong Inadvertently kills a student of the rival school run by Iron Hand Tan (Kurata Yasuaki), this action leads to a series of near death confrontations between the men concluding in a tournament battle of the ages. (VCI)