From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
Revision as of 13:18, 13 June 2021 by Pete
- Released in 1972
- Running Time: 92 Min.
- Distribution Co: United Artists
- Directed by Richard A. Colla
- Produced by George Edwards, Jack Farren, Ed Feldman
- Written by Evan Hunter
- Starring: Burt Reynolds, Jack Weston, Tom Skerritt, Yul Brynner, Raquel Welch
- Music by Dave Grusin
- Cinematography by Jacques Marquette
- Edited by Robert L. Kimble
Boston detectives Steve Carella (Burt Reynolds) and Meyer Meyer (Jack Weston) are on the case of an enigmatic crime lord known only as Deaf Man (Yul Brynner), notorious for bombing local politicians. Along with colleagues Bert Kling (Tom Skerritt) and Eileen McHenry (Raquel Welch), the team must prevent Deaf Man from future attacks while maintaining order on the streets of the city -- which turns out to be no small task, as a group of depraved teens begin lighting bums on fire for fun.