From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
Revision as of 13:25, 9 June 2019 by Pete
The film was distributed in 1956 on a double bill with another British sci-fi film, The Gamma People. After the customary distributor agreement expired, the film was withdrawn from theatrical and TV distribution channels by Orwell's estate and has not been obtainable legally for many years.
- Released in 1956 | B/W | Runtime: 90 min
- Production Co.: Holiday Film Productions Ltd.
- Distribution Co.: Columbia Pictures (1956) (USA) (theatrical) | Pallas (1957) (Germany) (theatrical)
- Directed by Michael Anderson
- Written by George Orwell (novel), Ralph Gilbert Bettison, William Templeton
- Starring: Edmond O'Brien, Michael Redgrave, Jan Sterling, David Kossoff, Mervyn Johns, Donald Pleasence, Carol Wolveridge, Ernest Clark, Patrick Allen, Ronan O'Casey, Michael Ripper, Ewen Solon, Kenneth Griffith, Anthony Jacobs, Barbara Cavan, Walter Gotell, Barbara Keogh, Bernard Rebel, and John Vernon
- Produced by Ralph Gilbert Bettison (as Ralph Bettinson), N. Peter Rathvon
- Original Music by Malcolm Arnold
- Cinematography by C.M. Pennington-Richards
- Film Editing by Bill Lewthwaite
Also Known As
- Nel duemila non sorge il sole (Italy) | Neunzehnhundertvierundachtzig (West Germany)
- Will Ecstasy Be a Crime ...In the Terrifying World of the Future? | Amazing wonders of tomorrow! Nothing like it ever filmed! | From the Startling George Orwell Novel! | SEX OUTLAWED...in the terrifying world of tomorrow!
- McGee, Mark Thomas; Robertson, R.J. (2013). "You Won't Believe Your Eyes". Bear Manor Media. ISBN 978-1-59393-273-2. Page 254