W.W. and The Dixie Dancekings
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
W.W. and The Dixie Dancekings (1975, USA) is a Hixploitation-Music-Comedy film directed by John G. Avildsen.
- Released in 1975
- Running Time: 91 Min.
- Production and Distribution Co.: 20th Century Fox
- Directed by John G. Avildsen.
- Written by Thomas Rickman
- Starring: Burt Reynolds, Ned Beatty, Conny Van Dyke
- Produced by Stanley S. Canter, Steve Shagan
- Original Music by Dave Grusin
- Cinematography by James Crabe
- Film Editing by Richard Halsey, Robbe Roberts
- W. Bright is a robber with a heart of gold who travels the South knocking off banks and gas stations owned by a corrupt businessman. When he hijacks a car, he meets an aspiring country band, the Dixie Dancekings, led by Dixie. The two sides eventually take a liking to one another, especially after the Dancekings realize the size of Bright's thefts. Trailed by religious zealot cop Deacon Gore, Bright helps the band make it big while on the run.
- Back in 1957, sweet-talking W.W. lived in a '55 Olds, loved bubble-gum, Errol Flynn, country music, fried chicken, robbing filling stations, and a girl named Dixie....not necessarily in that order.
- Big Bad Burt. After he sticks you up, you'll be sorry to see him go.