Vampire Circus/Fun Facts
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- Robert Tayman was dubbed by David de Keyser.
- Laurence Payne was an 11th hour casting choice replacing Anton Rodgers who dropped out because of illness.
- According to various books on Hammer films this film went over schedule and some key scenes were never filmed.
- Contains footage from Lust for a Vampire (1971)
- UK censor Stephen Murphy requested many cuts to the film though Hammer succeeded in shortening his original demands. Edits however were made to the whipping scene, a dagger in the face, the forest attack by the panther, and footage of the mutilated remains of the family. The 2002 Carlton DVD issue is the longest available version and restores all previously cut footage.