The Vault of Horror
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- Released on March 16, 1973 (New York premiere)
- Running time: 87 minutes
- Production Co.: Amicus | Metromedia Producers Corporation
- Distribution Co.: Cinerama Releasing Corporation
- Directed by Roy Ward Baker
- Written by Milton Subotsky (screenplay), from stories written by Al Feldstein and William M. Gaines
- Starring: Daniel Massey, Anna Massey, Mike Pratt
- In this particular British anthology of horror stories made in 1973 by Amicus Productions five men from all walks of life are locked in the basement vault of a central London building. With all exits blocked, the men resign themselves to waiting for help. As time passes by they start discussing their dreams, telling tales of their worst nightmares. Based on the black humour and irony of E.C.Comics horror stories from the 1950s by Al Feldstein and William M. Gaines.
- Below the Crypt lies Death's waiting-room - The . . . Vault of Horror
- . . . Everything that makes life worth LEAVING
- Everything that makes life worth leaving!