- Released on June 4, 1927
- Running time: 63 minutes
- Production and Distribution Co.: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
- Directed by Tod Browning
- Written by Tod Browning (story), Waldemar Young (scenario) and Joseph Farnham (titles), from the novel by Mary Roberts Rinehart (uncredited)
- Starring: Lon Chaney, Norman Kerry, Joan Crawford
- A criminal on the run hides in a circus and seeks to possess the daughter of the ringmaster at any cost.
- A superb mystery thriller, unusual and startling even for a Chaney film. Lon as "The Unknown" eats, drinks, shoots a rifle and dresses with his feet. Don't miss this startling spectacle. (Print Ad- The Cobbleskill Index,((Cobbleskill, NY)) 13 October 1927)