The Twilight People
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- Contents: Watch Trailer | Film Review | Blu Ray | Available DVDs | Poster Art
- Featured in: Celluloid Bloodbath: More Prevues From Hell | Machete Maidens Unleashed
- Released in 1973 | Color
- Running Time: 84 Min.
- Production Co: Four Associates Ltd.
- Distribution Co: Dimension Pictures (1973) (USA) (theatrical) | International Film Distributors (Canada) (theatrical)
- Directed by Eddie Romero
- Written by Eddie Romero, Jerome Small
- Starring John Ashley, Pat Woodell, Jan Merlin, Pam Grier
- Original Music by Tito Arevalo, Ariston Avelino
- Cinematography by Fred Conde
- Produced by John Ashley, David J. Cohen, Beverly Miller, Eddie Romero, Lawrence Woolner, Roger Corman
Also Known As
- Beasts | Il Crepuscolo della scienza (Italy) | Island of the Twilight People
- Animal desires...Human lust. Test Tube terrors...Half beast...all monster. | Evolved From Evil.
While diving, Matt Farrell (Ashley) is kidnapped by Neva Gordon (Pat Woodell) and Steinman (Jan Merlin) and taken to an island where Neva's father Dr. Gordon (Charles Macauly) is experimenting, trying to make a "Super Race" by combining humans and animals. His creations are Ayesa the panther-woman (Grier), Kuzma the antelope-man (Ken Metcalfe), Darmo the bat-man (Tony Gonsalvez), Primo the ape-man (Kim Ramos), Lupa the wolf-woman (Mona Morena) and Doro the boar-man. (Wikipedia)