From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
The Sadist (1963, USA) is a Crime-Thriller film directed by James Landis.
- Contents: Watch Trailer | Available DVDs | Blu Ray | Poster Art | Fun Facts | Photos
- Featured on: TCM Underground
- Included in: February 2009 Features
- Released in 1963
- B & W
- Running Time: 92 Min.
- Production Co: Fairway International Pictures
- Distribution Co: Fairway International Pictures (1963) (USA) (theatrical) | Cinemation Industries (1971) (USA) (theatrical) (retitled re-release) | Prima Film (1971) (Canada) (theatrical)
- Directed by James Landis
- Written by James Landis
- Starring Arch Hall Jr., Richard Alden, Marilyn Manning, Don Russell, Helen Hovey
- Produced by L. Steven Snyder
- Original Music by Paul Sawtell, Bert Shefter
- Cinematography by Vilmos Zsigmond (as William Zsigmond)
- Three people driving into Los Angeles for a Dodgers game have car trouble and pull off into an old wrecking yard where they are held at bay by a bloodthirsty psycho and his crazy girlfriend.
Also Known As
- Der Mittagsmörder (Austria / Germany)
- A bruciapelo! (Italy)
- Profile of Terror
- Le Sadique (France)
- Sadisti (Finland)
- Sweet Baby Charlie (USA) (reissue title)
- Todesangst (Germany)
- Never before a motion picture Rampacked with... Suspense... Terror... Sudden Shock, as The SADIST
- A Human Volcano Of Unpredictable Terror!
- What Fiendish Passion Twisted His Mind--Made Him Torment, Torture, Kill?