The Phantom of the Opera 1925
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- Contents: Watch Trailer
- Released on November 15, 1925 (San Francisco premiere on April 26, 1925 and New York premiere on September 6, 1925)
- Running time: 93 minutes
- Production and Distribution Co.: Universal Pictures
- Directed by Rupert Julian
- Written by Elliott J. Clawson (adaptation of the 1910 Gaston LeRoux novel, not credited)
- Starring: Lon Chaney Sr., Mary Philbin, Norman Kerry
- A mad, disfigured composer seeks a lovely young opera singer.
- A Million Thrills to Thrill Millions
- (1930 re-release) Now for the treat of your life! the greatest thrill drama ever produced brought to throbbing life on the screen through the miracle of sound! Doubly wild-weird-wonderful with its eerie sounds; its operatic instrumental music and sounds; its grand ballets in color; its drama heightened with dialogue. The world's wonder picture made more wonderful. Don't miss it. (Print Ad- Virden Recorder, ((Virden, Ills.)) 13 March 1930)
- The greatest horror film of modern cinema!
- A masterpiece of horror that shocked cinema for decades!