The Night, the Prowler
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- Released on June 2, 1978 (Sydney Film Festival)
- Running time: 90 minutes
- Production Co.: New South Wales Film Corporation
- Distribution Co.: Australian Film Institute
- Directed by Jim Sharman
- Written by Patrick White, from his novel
- Starring: Ruth Cracknell, John Frawley, Kerry Walker
- The Night The Prowler, is about the dark side of suburban middle-class urban culture and family relations. It film brings to the surface some of the darkest recesses of suburban family life. The film shifts from the darkly comic to the deadly serious. A young woman is attacked by a prowler in her bedroom but she turns the tables on him and she ravishes him. She then transforms into a knife wielding, leather jacketed prowler herself and begins sneaking in men's bedrooms at night. The prowlee becomes the prowler.
- Nobel Prize-winning author Patrick White's first film...