The Nickel Ride
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
The Nickel Ride (1974, USA) is a Crime film directed by Robert Mulligan
- Released in 1974
- Running Time: 99 Min.
- Production Co: David Foster Productions | Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation
- Distribution Co: Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation (1975) (USA) (theatrical)
- Directed by Robert Mulligan
- Written by Eric Roth
- Starring Jason Miller, Linda Haynes, Victor French, John Hillerman, Bo Hopkins
- Produced by David Foster, Robert Mulligan, Lawrence Turman
- Original Music by Dave Grusin
- Cinematography by Jordan Cronenweth
- Film Editing by O. Nicholas Brown
- Small-time criminal Cooper manages several warehouses in Los Angeles that the mob use to stash their stolen goods. Known as "the key man" for the key chain he always keeps on his person that can unlock all the warehouses, Cooper is assigned by the local syndicate to negotiate a deal for a new warehouse because the mob has run out of storage space. However, Cooper's superior Carl gets nervous and decides to have cocky cowboy button man Turner keep an eye on Cooper.
- The action was his life... Without it he was dead...