The Last Man on Earth
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
The Last Man on Earth (1964, USA/Italy) is a Post-Apocalyptic-Horror film directed by Ubaldo Ragona.
- Contents: Watch Trailer | Blu Ray | Film Review | Poster Art | Fun Facts | Double-Feature DVD
- Related Link: The Omega Man
- Included in: Post-Apocalypse Now: Cult Classic Cinema of the Wasteland
- Released in 1964
- B & W
- Running Time: 86 Min
- Production Co: Produzioni La Regina | Associated Producers (API) (co-production)
- Distribution Co: American International Pictures (AIP) (1964) (USA) (theatrical) | 20th Century Fox (1964) (Mexico) (theatrical) | Astral Films (1964) (Canada) (theatrical)
- Directed by Ubaldo Ragona (Italian prints) (as Ubaldo B. Ragona) & Sidney Salkow (uncredited in Italian prints)
- Written by William F. Leicester, Richard Matheson (screenplay) (as Logan Swanson, novel "I Am Legend"), Furio M. Monetti, Ubaldo Ragona
- Starring Vincent Price, Franca Bettoiam, Emma Danieli, Giacomo Rossi-Stuart, Umberto Raho, Christi Courtland, Antonio Corevi, Ettore Ribotta
- Produced by Samuel Z. Arkoff, Harold E. Knox, Robert L. Lippert
- Original Music by Paul Sawtell, Bert Shefter
- Cinematography by Franco Delli Colli
- Film Editing by Gene Ruggiero, Franca Silvi
Also Known As
- Az utolsó ember a Földön (Hungary) | El último hombre sobre la Tierra (Spain) | Je suis une légende (France) | L'ultimo uomo della terra (Italy) | Mortos que Matam (Brazil) | Naked Terror | Night People | O Último Homem na Terra (Portugal) | O teleftaios anthropos sti Gi (Greece) (DVD title) | Ostatni czlowiek na Ziemi (Poland) | The Damned Walk at Midnight (USA) (alternative title) | The Night Creatures | Vento di morte | Wind of Death
- By night they leave their graves, crawling, shambling, through empty streets, whimpering, pleading, begging for his blood!
- Do you dare to imagine what it would be like to be... the last man on earth... or the last woman?
- Alive among the lifeless... alone among the crawling creatures of evil that make the night hideous with their inhuman craving!