The Flesh and the Fiends
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
The Flesh and the Fiends (1960, UK) is a Horror film directed by John Gilling.
- Contents: Watch Trailer | Film Review | Blu Ray | Available DVDs | Poster Art | Fun Facts
- Featured in: Celluloid Bloodbath: More Prevues From Hell
- Released in 1960
- Running Time: 97 min | USA:91 min (uncut version)
- Production Co: Triad Productions
- Distribution Co: Regal Films International (1959) (UK) (theatrical) | Valiant Films (1961) (USA) (theatrical) | Pacemaker Pictures (1965) (USA) (theatrical) (retitled re-release) | Mundial Films (1960) (Spain) (theatrical)
- Directed by John Gilling
- Written by John Gilling, Leon Griffiths
- Starring Peter Cushing, June Laverick, Donald Pleasence, George Rose, Renee Houston, Dermot Walsh, Billie Whitelaw
- Produced by Robert S. Baker, Monty Berman
- Original Music by Stanley Black
- Cinematography by Monty Berman
- Film Editing by Jack Slade
- In 1828 Scotland, Edinburgh surgeon Dr. Knox does medical research on cadavers he buys from murderers Burke and Hare, without questioning the unethical procurement methods.
Also Known As
- Der Arzt und die Teufel (Germany) | Kalmankauppiaat (Finland) | L'impasse aux violences (France) | La carn i el dimoni (Spain) (Catalan title) | La carne y el demonio (Spain) | Le jene di Edimburgo (Italy) | Manía (Argentina) | Mania (USA) | Parantava veitsi (Finland) | Psycho Killers | Sadistai tou eglimatos (Greece) | The Fiendish Ghouls
- Coffins Looted! Cadavers Dissected!