The Crawling Eye/Fun Facts
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- John Carpenter has said that this film, with its creatures hidden in the clouds, was the inspiration for his film The Fog (1980).
- It had been a TV serial before becoming a film, Laurence Payne and Stuart Saunders reprise their roles from the serial.
- For its release in America the film was cut down to 75 minutes, because American distributors wanted to get to the monsters faster. The full running length of the film is 84 minutes and is fully restored on the DVD release.
- The Crawling Eye monster literally makes a cameo appearance in Stephen King's horror novel 'It'. The children run into the creature in the sewers during a 1958 segment of the novel.
- This was the last film produced by Southall Studios, one of the earliest pioneer film studios of the United Kingdom.