From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
The Changeling (1980, Canada) is a Horror film directed by Peter Medak
- Contents: Watch Trailer | Blu Ray | Fun Facts
- Featured in: Trailer Trauma 3: 80s Horrorthon (BluRay)
- Released in 1980
- Running time: 107 minutes
- Production Co: Chessman Park Productions
- Distribution Co: Adams Filmi (1980) (Finland) (theatrical)/Associated Film Distribution (AFD) (1980) (USA) (theatrical)/Aster Films (1980) (Spain) (theatrical)/Brent Walker Film Distributing (UK) (theatrical)/Hafbo (1980) (Netherlands) (theatrical)/Joy Pack Film (1980) (Japan) (theatrical)/Pan-Canadian Film Distributors (1980) (Canada) (theatrical)/S.N. Prodis (1980) (France) (theatrical)/S.N. Prodis (1981) (France) (theatrical) (as S. N. Prodis)/Sandrew Film & Teater (1980) (Sweden) (theatrical)
- Directed by Peter Medak
- Produced by Joel B. Michaels, Garth H. Drabinsky
- Written by Russell Hunter, William Gray, Diana Maddox
- Starring: George C. Scott, Trish Van Devere, Melvyn Douglas
- Music by Rick Wilkins
- Cinematography by John Coquillon
- Edited by Lilla Pedersen, Lou Lombardo (sup)
- After the death of his wife and daughter in a car crash, a music professor staying at a long-vacant Seattle mansion is dragged into a decades-old mystery by an inexplicable presence in the mansion's attic.
- ...an experience beyond total fear.
- Two people live in this house. One of them has been dead for 70 years.
- "How did you die, Joseph...? Did you die in this house...? Why do you remain...?"
- Whatever you do...DON'T GO INTO THE ATTIC.