The Bushido Blade
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- Released in 1981
- Production Co: Rankin/Bass Productions | Trident
- Distribution Co: Aquarius Releasing (1981) (USA) (theatrical)| Saguenay Films (1981) (Canada) (theatrical)
- Directed by Tsugunobu Kotani
- Starring Richard Boone, Toshiro Mifune, James Earl Jones, Laura Gemser, Sonny Chiba, Mike Starr, Mako
Also Known As
- Das Schwert des Shogun
- The Bloody Bushido Blade
- Bushido, la spada del sole
- It Cuts To The Heart of Courage
- From the land of the Shogun...
The Bushido Blade is a 1981 film, directed by Shusei Kotani, about a samurai sword being entrusted to Commodore Matthew Perry for the President of the United States by the Emperor of Japan that was stolen by a band of thieves who oppose the treaty about to be signed. Three Americans travel to a castle to retrieve the sword, so that the signing of the treaty can take place. Commodore Perry is played by Richard Boone in his last role. Toshirō Mifune, Sonny Chiba, Mako and James Earl Jones also appear in this movie. The basic plot concept bears a strong similarity to the earlier movie Red Sun (1971), also featuring Toshiro Mifune.