From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
The Brood (Canada, 1979) is a Science Fiction-Horror film directed by David Cronenberg.
- Contents: Watch Trailer | Blu Ray | Buy DVD | Film Review | Poster Art | Press Kit | Fun Facts
- More Cronenberg: Shivers | Rabid | Scanners | Videodrome
- Featured in: Terror in The Aisles |
- Featured on: TCM Underground
- Included in: Hellspawn: 10 Classic Killer Kiddie Films
- Released in 1979
- Aspect Ratio: (1.85:1)
- Runtime: 92 min
- Rated: R
- Production Co: Canadian Film Development Corporation (CFDC) | Elgin International Films Ltd. | Mutual Productions Ltd. | Victor Solnicki Productions
- Distribution Co: New World-Mutual (1979) (Canada) (theatrical) | New World Pictures (1979) (USA) (theatrical)
- Directed by David Cronenberg
- Written by David Cronenberg
- Starring: Oliver Reed, Samantha Eggar, Art Hindle
- Produced by Pierre David, Claude Héroux, Victor Solnicki
- Original Music by Howard Shore
- Cinematography by Mark Irwin (Director of photography)
- Film Editing by Alan Collins
- A man tries to uncover an unconventional psychologist's therapy techniques on his institutionalized wife, amidst a series of brutal murders.
Also Known As
- Chromosome 3 | Cromosoma 3 | David Cronenberg's The Brood (Canada: English title) | Die Brut (Germany) | La Clinique de la terreur (Canada: French title)
- The Ultimate Experience Of Inner Terror | They're Waiting... For You!