The Bloody Judge
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
The Bloody Judge (1970, Italy/Spain/Germany) is a Horror film directed by Jess Franco.
- Contents: Watch Trailer | Available DVDs | Comments | Poster Art | Press Kit | Fun Facts | BluRay | Double-Feature BluRay
- Released in 1970
- Runtime: Argentina: 97 min / Spain: 96 min / Sweden: 94 min (banned version) / Germany: 82 min / USA: 84 min
- Production Co: Fénix Cooperativa Cinematográfica | Prodimex Film | Terra-Filmkunst | Towers of London
- Distribution Co: American International Pictures (1972) (USA) (theatrical) (dubbed) | Astral Films (1972) (Canada) (theatrical) (dubbed)
- Directed by Jess Franco (as J. Frank Manera)
- Written by Michael Haller, Harry Alan Towers (as Peter Welbeck), Anthony Scott Veitch
- Starring: Christopher Lee, Maria Schell, Leo Genn, Hans Hass Jr., Maria Rohm, Margaret Lee, Pietro Martellanza, Howard Vernon, Milo Quesada, Werner Abrolat, José María Blanco, Giuliana Garavaglia, Diana Lorys, José María Prada, Vicente Roca, John Thompson, Serena Vergano
- Produced by Harry Alan Towers
- Original Music by Bruno Nicolai
- Cinematography by Manuel Merino
- Film Editing by Derek Parsons, Gertrud Petermann (German version)
- Sir Christopher Lee plays the Lord Chief Justice of seventeenth century England who condemns women as witches to further his political and sexual needs.
Also Known As
- Der Hexentöter von Blackmoor (Germany) | El Juez sangriento (Spain) | El Proceso de las brujas (Spain) | Il Trono di fuoco (Italy) | Night of the Blood Monster (USA) | Throne of the Blood Monster (USA) | Trial of the Witches (USA) | Witch Killer of Broadmoor (USA) | Witches' Trial (USA)
- Horror will hold you helpless!