From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
The Blob (1958, USA) is a Science Fiction-Thriller film directed by Irvin S. Yeaworth, Russell S. Doughten Jr. (uncredited). Followed by Beware! The Blob.
- Contents: Watch Trailer | Film Review | Available DVDs | Blu Ray | Poster Art | Fun Facts
- Featured in: It Came From Hollywood
- Released in 1958
- Running Time: 86 min | USA:82 min
- Production Co: Fairview Productions | Tonylyn Productions Inc.
- Distribution Co: Paramount Pictures (1958) (USA) (theatrical) | Allied Artists Pictures (1964) (USA) (theatrical) (re-release)
- Directed by Irvin S. Yeaworth, Russell S. Doughten Jr. (uncredited)
- Written by Kay Linaker, Irvine Millgate, Theodore Simonson
- Starring Steve McQueen, Aneta Corsaut, Earl Rowe, Olin Howland, Alden 'Stephen' Chase
- Produced by Russell S. Doughten Jr., Jack H. Harris
- Original Music by Ralph Carmichael
- Cinematography by Thomas E. Spalding
- Film Editing by Alfred Hillmann
Also Known As
- Angriff aus dem Weltall (Germany) | Blob, Schrecken ohne Namen (Germany) | Blob, terreur sans nom (Belgium) (French title) | Danger planétaire (France) | Eisvoli apo agnosto planiti (Greece) (reissue title) | Epikindynes epafes ap' to diastima (Greece) (reissue title) | Faran från skyn (Sweden) | Fluido mortale (Italy) | Ifaisteio aimatos (Greece) | La Mancha voraz (Venezuela) | La Manchon voraz (Mexico) | La Masa devoradora (Spain) | Morderen fra himmelrummet (Denmark) | Panik (Sweden) | The Glob (USA) (working title) | The Glob That Girdled the Globe (USA) (working title) | The Meteorite Monster (USA) (working title) | The Molten Meteorite (USA) (working title) | The Night of the Creeping Dead (USA) (working title) | Valuva kuolema (Finland)
- Beware of the Blob! It creeps, and leaps, and glides and slides across the floor. | Indescribable... Indestructible! Nothing Can Stop It! | Indescribable... indestructible... insatiable | The indestructible creature! Bloated with the blood of its victims! | It crawls.... It creeps.... It eats you alive!