From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
The Baby (1973, USA) is a Horror-Thriller film directed by Ted Post.
- Contents: Watch Trailer | Film Review | Available DVDs | Blu Ray | Poster Art | Press Kit | Fun Facts
- Featured in: Celluloid Bloodbath: More Prevues From Hell
- Featured on: TCM Underground
- Included in: Depraved Delights: 20 Grindhouse Cinema Shockers
- Released in 1973
- Running Time: 84 Min | Aus: 89 Min.
- Production Co: Quintet Productions (presents) (as Quintet Films)
- Distribution Co: Scotia International (1973) (USA) (theatrical) | Filmways Australasian Distributors (????) (Australia) (theatrical)
- Directed by Ted Post
- Written by Abe Polsky
- Starring Anjanette Comer, Ruth Roman, Marianna Hill, Susanne Zenor, Tod Andrews, Michael Pataki, Beatrice Manley, Erin O’Reilly, Don Mallon, Joseph Bernard, Virginia Vincent, David Manzy
- Produced by Elliott Feinman, Ralph Hirsch, Abe Polsky, Milton Polsky
- Original Music by Gerald Fried
- Cinematography by Michael D. Margulies
- Film Editing by Bob Crawford Sr, Dick Wormell
- A social worker, still reeling from the loss of her architect husband, investigates the eccentric, psychedelic Wadsworth Family, consisting of a mother, two daughters, and an adult son with the apparent mental capacity of an infant.
- Horror is his formula!
- Pray you don't learn the secret of... The Baby
- Nothing in this nursery rhymes.
- Three Four Close the Door!
- There shall be mayhem wherever he goes!