The Ape Man
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
The Ape Man (1943, USA) is a Sci-Fi-Horror film film directed by William Beaudine. It was followed by Return of the Ape Man.
- Released in 1943
- Runtime: 64 min
- Production Co.: Banner Productions | Monogram Pictures
- Distribution Co.: Monogram Pictures (1943) (USA) (theatrical) | Favorite Films (1949) (USA) (theatrical) (re-release)
- Directed by William Beaudine
- Written by Karl Brown
- Starring: Bela Lugosi, Louise Currie, Wallace Ford
- Produced by Jack Dietz, Sam Katzman, Barney A. Sarecky
- Cinematography by Mack Stengler
- Film Editing by Carl Pierson
- A crazed scientist accidentally turns himself into a half ape, half human creature, and scrambles to find a cure.
Also Known As
- L'homme-singe (France)
- L'uomo scimmia (Italy)
- Lock Your Doors (UK)
- O Gorila Matador ( Brazil)
- The Gorilla Strikes (USA)
- They Creep in the Night (USA) (working title)
- No one is safe from the cruel desires of this inhuman fiend!