The Amazing Colossal Man
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- Released in 1957 | B & W
- Running Time: 80 Min.
- Production Co: Malibu Productions
- Distribution Co: American International Pictures (AIP) (1957) (USA) (theatrical) | Astral Films (1957) (Canada) (theatrical)
- Directed by Bert I. Gordon
- Written by Mark Hanna, Bert I. Gordon, George Worthing Yates
- Starring Glenn Langan, Cathy Downs, William Hudson, Larry Thor, James Seay
- Produced by Samuel Z. Arkoff, Bert I. Gordon, James H. Nicholson
- Original Music by Albert Glasser
- Cinematography by Joseph F. Biroc
- Film Editing by Ronald Sinclair
Also Known As
- El Asombro hombre creciente (Spain) | Le Fantastique homme colosse (France) | El Gigante ataca (Spain) | I Giganti invadono la Terra (Italy) | Der Koloss (Germany) | Monstret från Nevada (Sweden) | The Amazing Nth Man (USA) (working title) | Zdumiewajaco kolosalny czlowiek (Poland)
- Not even the U.S. Army can keep her away from the man she loved--but only the U.S. Army can save her from the monster he became! | A Seventy Foot Giant Is Terrorizing Las Vegas... | NEVER SINCE "KING KONG" SUCH A MIGHTY MOTION PICTURE! | Savage Giant on a Blood-Mad Rampage! | Growing...! Growing...! Growing...! To a Giant! to a Monster! When will it stop?
The Amazing Colossal Man is a 1957 black-and-white science fiction film, directed by Bert I. Gordon and starring Glenn Langan. The film revolves around a 60 foot mutant man produced as the result of an atomic accident. Distributed by American International Pictures (AIP) at the top of a program double-bill with The Cat Girl, the film was followed by a sequel, War of the Colossal Beast, which appeared in 1958.