Stray Cat Rock: The Collection (Blu Ray)
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
The Stray Cat Rock series stars Meiko Kaji (Lady Snowblood, Blind Woman's Curse) who with these five films began her reign as the badass action queen of the era.
In these five tales of rebellious youth she stars alongside the gorgeous Bunjaku Han (Love Letter) and Tatsuya Fuji (In the Realm of the Senses). In Delinquent Girl Boss, a girl gang go up against criminal organisation the Seiyu Group, where following a fixed boxing match blood is shed and friendships are tested. In Wild Jumbo, Kaji and the gang get involved in a kidnapping and the robbery of a religious organisation. In Sex Hunter Kaji's girl gang go up against The Eagles, a group led by Fuji where sex and violence erupt over the treatment of 'half-breeds'. In Machine Animal gang rivalry is once again the focus with two gangs pursuing some LSD pushers looking to move a big score. The series swansong, Beat '71, sees Kaji framed and sent to prison by her boyfriend's father and with the help of some hippies she strives to be re-united.
Directed by genre veterans Yasuharu Hasebe (Massacre Gun, Retaliation) and Toshiya Fujita (Lady Snowblood) the films feature a psychedelic mix of girl gangs, bikers, sex, drugs and rock and roll with plenty of ass-kicking to boot, all captured in a delirious mash-up of pop aesthetics including split screens, freeze frames, injections of color, frenetic editing and dizzying angles, making these films a riotous joy from beginning to end.
- Stray Cat Rock: Girl Boss
- Stray Cat Rock: Beat '71
- Stray Cat Rock: Machine Animal
- Stray Cat Rock: Sex Hunter
- Stray Cat Rock: Wild Jumbo
- Limited Edition Blu-ray (3000 copies only)
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of all five films in the Stray Cat Rock series
- Original Mono audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-rays)
- New English subtitle translation of all five films
- Interview with Yasuharu Hasebe director of Delinquent Girl Boss, Sex Hunter and Machine Animal
- Interview with actor Tatsuya Fuji, star of all five films
- Interview with actor Yoshio Harada, star of Beat '71
- Original Trailers
- Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the films by Japanese cinema expert Jasper Sharp