From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
Rollerball (1975, UK/USA/Canada) is an Action-Sports-Science Fiction film directed by Norman Jewison.
- Contents: Poster Art | Watch Trailer
- Included in: Shock Festival
- Released on June 25, 1975 (USA)
- Running time: 125 minutes
- Production Co.: Algonquin
- Distribution Co.: United Artists
- Director: Norman Jewison
- Written by: William Harrison
- Starring: James Caan, John Houseman, Maud Adams
- In a corporate-controlled future, an ultra-violent sport known as Rollerball represents the world, and one of its powerful athletes is out to defy those who want him out of the game.
- It's More Than Just a Game!
- This movie will haunt your future ... because it's almost here!
- The next World War will not be fought. It will be PLAYED.
- In the future there will be no war. There will only be Rollerball.
- In the not-too-distant future, wars will no longer exist. But there WILL be...The Game.