Ride the Wild Surf
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
Ride the Wild Surf (1964, USA) is a Beach film directed by Don Taylor
- Contents: Watch Trailer | Posters | Soundtrack
- Released on August 5, 1964
- Running time: 101 minutes
- Distribution Co: Columbia Pictures
- Directed by Don Taylor
- Written and Produced by Art Napoleon, Jo Napoleon
- Starring Fabian, Shelley Fabares, Peter Brown
- Music by Stu Phillips
- Cinematography by Joseph F. Biroc
- Edited by Howard A. Smith, Eda Warren
- Three college buddies -- Jody (Fabian), Steamer (Tab Hunter) and Chase (Peter Brown) -- wax their boards and head to Oahu, Hawaii, for the annual surfing competition at Waimea Bay.
- Who will be crowned King of the Surf?
- RIDE THE WILD SURF IN HAWAII!...with the world's "wild water" champs...who ride and romance Waimea Bay...the Big Surf Daddy of them all!
- Jody and Brie...the "Beach Bum" and "the girl most likely"!
- Chase and Augie...The blue-blood and the hot-blooded tomboy!
- "Steamer" and Lily...the fender-bender and the Hawaiian beauty!
- Filmed in the Wild Waters of Hawaii's Waimea Bay!