From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- Presented in "Odorama". Numbered scratch & sniff cards were issued at the theatre, to be scratched when the appropriate number appeared in the corner of the screen.
- The "Scents" on the Odorama card were as follows: 1. Roses 2. Flatulence 3. Model Airplane Glue 4. Pizza 5. Gasoline 6. Skunk 7. Natural Gas 8. New Car Smell 9. Dirty Shoes 10. Air Freshener
- The look of the film was influenced by the work of 1950s director Douglas Sirk.
- Marks the last time that John Waters would work with regular Cookie Mueller. She was dying of AIDS when he began production on his next film, Hairspray (1988).
- The Fishpaws live at "Wyman Way", Jane Wyman was the lead in Douglas Sirk's All That Heaven Allows (1955), which is one of the film's inspirations.
- This is the earliest of John Waters' films to be reviewed in legendary critic/historian Leonard Maltin's books.