- Released on October 1, 1968
- Running time: 96 minutes
- Production Co: Image Ten | Laurel Group | Market Square Productions | Off Color Films
- Distribution Co: Walter Reade Organization (USA) | Continental Distributing (USA) | International Film Distributors (Canada)
- Directed by George A Romero
- Written by John A Russo and George A Romero
- Starring Duane Jones, Judith O'Dea, Karl Hardman, Marilyn Eastman, and Keith Wayne
- Produced by Karl Hardman and Russell Streiner
- Cinematography by George A Romero (uncredited)
- Film Editing by George A Romero (uncredited) and John A Russo (uncredited)
- A ragtag group of Pennsylvanians barricade themselves in an old farmhouse to remain safe from a horde of flesh-eating ghouls that are ravaging the East Coast of the United States.
Also Known As
- A Noite dos Mortos-Vivos (Brazil / Portugal)
- Elävien kuolleiden yö (Finland)
- Monster Flick (USA) (working title)
- Nacht der lebenden Toten, Die (West Germany)
- Night of Anubis (USA) (working title)
- Night of the Flesh Eaters (USA) (working title)
- Noc zywych trupów (Poland)
- Noche de los muertos vivientes, La (Spain)
- Noche de los muertos vivos, La (Argentina)
- Notte dei morti viventi, La (Italy)
- Nuit des morts vivants, La (Canada) (French title)
- Nuit des morts-vivants, La (France)
- Nyhta ton zontanon nekron, I (Greece) (DVD title)
- They keep coming back in a bloodthirsty lust for HUMAN FLESH!...
- Pits the dead against the living in a struggle for survival!
- They won't stay dead.