From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
Marat/Sade (full title: The Persecution and Assassination of Jean-Paul Marat As Performed by the Inmates of the Asylum at Charenton Under the Direction of the Marquis de Sade) (1967, UK) is a Surreal/Experimental Genre Mix Em Up-Musical film directed by Peter Brook.
- Released on February 22, 1967
- Running time: 116 minutes
- Production Co.: Marat Sade Productions| Royal Shakespeare Company
- Distribution Co.: United Artists
- Directed by: Peter Brook
- Written by Peter Weiss, Geoffrey Skelton, Adrian Mitchell
- Starring Patrick Magee, Ian Richardson, Glenda Jackson
- While incarcerated in the Asylum at Charenton, the Marquis de Sade produces a play about Jean-Paul Marat's death. The patients are the actors.