From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
Konga (1961, USA/UK) is a Giant Monster film directed by John Lemont.
- Contents: Watch Trailer | Blu Ray | Available DVDs | Poster Art | Fun Facts
- Featured in: Terror in The Aisles
- Released in 1961
- Running Time: 90 Min.
- Production Co: Merton Park Studios
- Distribution Co: Anglo-Amalgamated Film Distributors (1961) (UK) (theatrical) | American International Pictures (AIP) (1961) (USA) (theatrical) | Astral Films (1961) (Canada) (theatrical)
- Directed by John Lemont
- Written by Herman Cohen, Aben Kandel
- Starring Michael Gough, Margo Johns, Jess Conrad, Claire Gordon, Austin Trevor
- Produced by Herman Cohen, Nathan Cohen, Stuart Levy, Jim O'Connolly
- Original Music by Gerard Schurmann
- Cinematography by Desmond Dickinson
- Film Editing by Jack Slade
- Dr.Decker comes back from Africa after a year, presumed dead. During that year, he came across a way of growing plants and animals to an enormous size. He brings back a baby chimpanzee to test out his theory. As he has many enemies at home, he decides to use his chimp, 'Konga' to 'get rid of them'. Then Konga grows to gigantic proportions and wreaks havoc all over the city of London!!
Also Known As
- King Kongin paluu (Finland)
- Konga, o akatanikitos gorilanthropos (Greece) (reissue title)
- I Was A Teenage Gorilla
- Not since "King Kong"...has the screen exploded with such mighty fury and spectacle!