House of Wax
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
House of Wax (1953, USA) is a Horror film directed by Andre De Toth
- Released in 1953
- Running time: 88 minutes
- Distribution Co: Warner Bros. (1953) (USA) (theatrical)/AFEX (1953) (Austria) (theatrical)/Warner Bros. Films (1953) (Finland) (theatrical)/Warner Bros. Pictures (1953) (Chile) (theatrical)/Warner Bros. (1953) (Belgium) (theatrical)/Warner Bros. (1953) (West Germany) (theatrical)/Warner Bros. (1953) (Netherlands) (theatrical)/Warner Bros. (1953) (UK) (theatrical)/Warner Bros. (1953) (Sweden) (theatrical)/Warner-Columbia Film (1973) (Sweden) (theatrical) (re-release)/Sherpix (1971) (USA) (theatrical) (re-release)/Chapel Distribution (1997) (Australia) (theatrical) (35mm print and 3D print)
- Directed by Andre DeToth
- Produced by Bryan Foy
- Screenplay by Crane Wilbur, Based on The Wax Works by Charles S. Belden
- Starring Vincent Price, Frank Lovejoy, Charles Bronson, Phyllis Kirk, Carolyn Jones, Paul Picerni
- Music by David Buttolph
- Cinematography Bert Glennon, J. Peverell Marley, Lothrop B. Worth
- Edited by Rudi Fehr
- UNLIKE ANYTHING YOU'VE SEEN BEFORE! (original print ad - all caps)
- Warner Bros. bring you the first feature produced by a major studio in 3D...
- Nothing that has gone before can compare with this!
- You've never been scared until you've been scared in 3-D.
- Beauty and Terror meet in your seat...as every thrill of its story comes off the screen right at you in NaturalVision 3 dimension
- Now Warners Bros bring you 3 dimension natural vision unlike anything you've seen before! A feature picture! A story sensation!
- The Wax Figures Also Looked Like Other People - People Who Had Disappeared..........