Horror of the Blood Monsters/Fun Facts
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- The cavemen footage is from a Filipino movie shot in 1965. The new US color footage was shot in 1966. The film itself wasn't released until 1970.
- This film is a mixture of a mid 60s Filippino horror movie called "Tagani", "One Million BC" (1940) and "Unknown Island" (1948).
- The Filippino film "Tagani" which forms the basis of Adamson's film was made in black and white. As drive-ins at the time were clamoring for color features, the black and white footage was tinted using a process which was hyped as Spectrum X.
- Director of photography on the newly filmed sequences was Vilmos Zsigmond, a future Oscar winner.
- Director Al Adamson loved the film "Tagani" when he saw it in the mid 60s so he purchased the rights himself.
- Al Adamson plays one of the vampires in the opening segment.