Funeral Parade of Roses/Fun Facts
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- One short but prominent scene in the film takes place in an alley, with the characters standing in front of five Japanese posters for Pier Paolo Pasolini's Oedipus Rex. Given the plot of the film, this eventually comes to constitute a significant allusion.
- Funeral Parade of Roses gave Stanley Kubrick several visual and aural inspirations for his adaptation of A Clockwork Orange.
- The title of this film is a pun. "Rose"/"Bara" in Japanese is similar to the use of the word "pansy" in English slang.
- This film has a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes based on 16 critic reviews.
- Contains documentary-style interviews with many real-life transvestites of that time.