From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
Flash Gordon (1980, US/UK/Netherlands) is a cult classic Science Fiction/Adventure film directed by Mike Hodges
- Released in September 1980 (Turkey) | December 5, 1980 (USA)
- Running time: 114 minutes
- Production Co: Starling Films/Dino De Laurentiis Company
- Distribution Co: Universal Studios (United States)/Thorn EMI (United Kingdom)
- Directed by Mike Hodges
- Produced by Dino De Laurentiis
- Screenplay by Lorenzo Semple Jr., Story by Michael Allin
- Starring Sam J. Jones, Melody Anderson, Ornella Muti
- Music by Queen, Howard Blake
- Cinematography Gilbert Taylor
- Edited by Malcolm Cooke
- A football player and his friends travel to the planet Mongo and find themselves fighting the tyranny of Ming the Merciless to save Earth.
- He'll save every one of us!
- Get ready to kick some Flash.
- For years, he's been the last word in professional football. Now he's Earth's only chance for a future.
- Pathetic earthlings... Who can save you now?