Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill!/Fun Facts
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- Although the film was profitable, it was not a big hit when originally released. It has gone on to become a cult film and has been shown at film festivals and art house cinemas.
- Lead actress Tura Satana legally owns her likeness and image. So, whenever Russ Meyer wanted to change the artwork or re-release the project, he had to get her permission and sometimes pay her all over again.
- The film did not receive a UK certificate until 1980.
- Russ Meyer named the movie like this because he claims that a movie has everything when it contains speed (faster), sex (pussycat) and violence (kill,kill).
- The heavy metal band Faster Pussycat named themselves for this movie.
- Ranked #16 on Entertainment Weekly's "Guilty Pleasures: Testosterone Edition" list (#927, March 30, 2007, as part of the article "Bloodbath and Beyond," about Grindhouse.) The magazine wrote, "Sexploitation auteur Russ Meyer was called 'King Leer.' But his buoyant starlets were hardly Shakespearean talents. Still, it's hard to have more fun watching crap."