Erik The Conqueror
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
Erik The Conqueror (1961, Italy/France) is a Peplum film directed by Mario Bava
- Released in 1961
- Running time: 98 minutes
- Production Co: Lyre Films (a coproduction) (as S.C. Lyre)/Critérion Film (a coproduction) (as 'Criterion Film' Paris)/Galatea Film (a coproduction) (as Galatea S.p.A. Rome)
- Distribution Co: Unidis (1961) (Italy) (theatrical) (dubbed)/Neue Film Allianz (1962) (West Germany) (theatrical)/American International Pictures (AIP) (1963) (USA) (theatrical) (dubbed)/Compton-Cameo Films (1963) (UK) (theatrical) (dubbed) (as 'Fury of the Vikings')/Lii-Filmi (1963) (Finland) (theatrical)/Helsinki-Filmi (1974) (Finland) (theatrical)
- Directed by Mario Bava
- Produced by Ferruccio De Martino
- Screenplay by Oreste Biancoli, Piero Pierotti, Mario Bava
- Starring Giorgio Ardisson, Cameron Mitchell, Andrea Checchi
- Music by Roberto Nicolosi
- Cinematography by Mario Bava, Ubaldo Terzano
- Edited by Serandrei
- He lived only for the flesh and the sword!
- In his blood bath for conquest there stood only one temptation ...Rama, Queen of the Vestal Virgins!
- He lusted for war and women!
- From out of the north came a horde of blond giants ...raping, ravaging and pillaging a path of conquest ...in an age that worshiped power ...they were the strongest men on Earth!
- Battle plan - MASSACRE! Executed with SADISTIC SAVAGERY
- Calling forth a MIRACLE OF BRAVERY! Massive EXCITING SPECTACLE!