From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
Devil Fish (1984, Italy/France) is a Eco-Terror film directed by Lamberto Bava.
- Released in 1984 | Color
- Runtime: 90 min
- Production Co: Filmes International, Les Films du Griffon, National Cinematografica, Nuova Dania Cinematografica
- Distribution Co: DMV Distribuzione (1984) (Italy) (theatrical), Cinema Shares International Distribution (1986) (USA) (theatrical) (dubbed)
- Directed by Lamberto Bava (as John Old Jr.)
- Written by Lamberto Bava, Gianfranco Clerici, Luigi Cozzi, Sergio Martino, Hervé Piccini, Dardano Sacchetti
- Starring: Michael Sopkiw, Valentine Monnier, Gianni Garko, William Berger, Iris Peynado, Lawrence Morgant, Cinzia de Ponti, Paul Branco, Dagmar Lassander.
- Produced by Mino Loy
- Original Music by Guido De Angelis, Maurizio De Angelis (both as Antony Barrymore)
- Cinematography by Giancarlo Ferrando (as John McFerrand)
- Film Editing by Roberto Sterbini (as Bob Wheeler)
- A marine biologist, a dolphin trainer, a research scientist, and a local sheriff try to hunt down a large sea monster, a shark/octopus hybrid, that is devouring swimmers and fishermen off a south Florida coast.
Also Known As
- Der Monsterhai (Germany)
- Devilfish (USA)
- Devouring Waves
- Jaws Attack 2 (Japan)
- Monster Shark (Phillipines)
- Red Ocean
- Shark: Red on the Ocean
- Shark: Rosso nell'oceano (Italy)
- Sink your teeth into pure terror.
- Wave goodbye...
- Undisturbed for a thousand years, the devil has now awoken.