Brain Damage/Fun Facts
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- During the fellatio scene the crew walked out of the production refusing to work on the scene. A similar incident happened during the shooting of Basket Case (1982).
- The theatrical and original home-video releases of his film deleted the most gruesome scenes, such as the "fellatio" gag.
- On the subway, Brian sees a man carrying a big basket with a lock on it. The character is from Frank Henenlotter's previous film, Basket Case (1982).
- Horror host Zacherley provided the uncredited voice of Aylmer.
- Brian has an unexplained cut on his lip all throughout the film. It was a part of a subplot involving him getting into a fight the night before defending his brother in a bar fight. But due to time restraints the explanation scenes were never filmed
- As Brian wakes up for the first time in his bed, his head covered in blood, an album poster is spotted on the wall, Slayer's "Reign In Blood".
- The film was given the R18 rating in New Zealand.
- Film debut of Rick Hearst.