Blood and Lace
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- Released in 1971
- Running Time: 87 Min.
- Production Co: American International Pictures (AIP), Carlin Co, Contemporary Film-Makers
- Distribution Co: American International Pictures
- Directed by Philip S. Gilbert
- Written by Gil Lasky
- Starring Gloria Grahame, Melody Patterson, Milton Selzer, Len Lesser, Vic Tayback, Terry Messina, Ronald Taft
- Produced by Ed Carlin, Gil Lasky, Chase Mishkin
- Original Music by John Rons
- Cinematography by Paul Hipp
- Art Direction by Lee Fischer
- SHOCK after SHOCK after SHOCK as DESIRE drives a bargain with MURDER!
After her prostitute mother and her john are beaten to death while they are asleep in bed, teen-aged Ellie Masters is sent to an isolated orphanage run by Mrs. Deere and her handyman. Taking an avid interest in her welfare is detective Calvin Carruthers. Taking almost no interest at all, is social worker Harold Mullins who is completely under Mrs. Deere's thumb. Lots of unpleasant surprises are in store for Ellie, not the least of which is the fact that Mrs. Deere and her handyman are both brutal sadists, who run the orphanage like a concentration camp and the strong possibility that her mother's hammer-wielding killer is now stalking her. (Wikipedia)