From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
Black Jesus (1968, Italy) is a Religion themed exploitation film directed by Valerio Zurlini.
- Released in 1968
- Running Time: 93 Min.
- Production Co: Castoro | Ital-Noleggio Cinematografico
- Distribution Co: Plaza Pictures (1971) (USA) (theatrical) (dubbed)
- Directed by Valerio Zurlini
- Written by Franco Brusati, Valerio Zurlini
- Starring Woody Strode, Franco Citti, Jean Servais
- Produced by Nino Crisman, Carlo Lizzani
- Original Music by Ivan Vandor (as Ivan Vandu)
- Cinematography by Aiace Parolin
- Film Editing by Franco Arcalli
- Rebel Maurice Lalubi is arrested by the military on trumped up charges and tortured, which turns him into a martyr. Inspired by the final days of the first democratic Congolese leader, Patrice Lumumba.
Also Known As
- Estarás sentado a la derecha (Spain)
- Out of Darkness (UK)
- Pelon kädet (Finland)
- Seated at His Right (USA) (literal English title)
- Super Brother (USA) (unauthorized video title)
- Töten war ihr Job (Germany)
- He who ain't with me--is AGAINST me.