Black Belly of the Tarantula
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
Black Belly of the Tarantula (1971, Italy) is a prototypical Giallo film directed by Paolo Cavara, who also co-directed Mondo Cane and the spaghetti western Deaf Smith and Johnny Ears.
- Contents: Watch Trailer | Film Review | DVD releases | Poster Art | BluRay releases | Soundtrack | Double-Feature Poster
- Featured in: Trailer Trauma 2: Drive-in Monsterama (BluRay) | Celluloid Bloodbath: More Prevues From Hell
- Included in: Giallo Cinema: 20 Classic Spaghetti Slashers
- Released in 1971
- Running Time: 89 min | Italy:98 min (uncut)
- Production Co: Da Ma Produzione | P.A.C.
- Distribution Co: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM) (1972) (USA) (theatrical) (dubbed) | MGM-EMI (1972) (UK) (theatrical)
- Directed by Paolo Cavara
- Written by Marcello Danon, Lucile Laks
- Starring Giancarlo Giannini, Claudine Auger, Barbara Bouchet, Rossella Falk, Silvano Tranquilli
- Produced by Marcello Danon
- Original Music by Ennio Morricone
- Cinematography by Marcello Gatti
- Film Editing by Mario Morra
- A series of victims are paralyzed while having their bellies ripped open, much in the same way tarantulas are killed by the black wasp. The victims all seem to have a connection with a spa.
Also Known As
- Med spindelns gift (Sweden)
- Den Mystiske dråparen (Finland - Swedish title)
- Salaperäinen tappaja (Finland)
- Sta nyhia tis mavris arahnis (Greece) (DVD title)
- La Tarántula del vientre negro (Spain)
- Tarentule au ventre noir (France)
- With needles dipped in deadly venom the victims are paralyzed - so they must lie awake and watch themselves die!