From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- Released in 1984
- Running Time: 105 Min
- Distribution Co: Orion Pictures
- Directed by Stan Lathan
- Written by Andy Davis, David Gilbert, Paul Golding, Steven Hager, Richard Lee Sisco
- Starring Rae Dawn Chong, Guy Davis, Jon Chardiet, Leon W. Grant, Saundra Santiago, Robert Taylor, Lee Chamberlin, Mary Alice, Shawn Elliot, Jim Borrelli
- Music by Arthur Baker, Harry Belafonte, Webster Lewis
- Cinematography by Tom Priestley Jr.
- Edited by Dov Hoenig, Kevin Lee
- Produced by Harry Belafonte, David V. Picker
At the forefront of early hip-hop culture, DJ Kenny Kirkland (Guy Davis), his B-boy brother, Lee (Robert Taylor), and graffiti artist Ramon (John Chardiet) all have hopes of showcasing their talents outside the confines of South Bronx, N.Y. When Tracy Carlson (Rae Dawn Chong), a composer and choreographer, runs into Kirkland and Lee at one of Manhattan's hottest nightclubs, she offers Lee an opportunity to perform on TV. However, the crew has a long way to go before achieving their dreams.