Attack of The Crab Monsters
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- Released in 1957
- B & W
- Running Time: 62 Min.
- Production Co: Los Altos Productions
- Distribution Co: Allied Artists Pictures (1957) (USA) (theatrical)
- Directed by Roger Corman
- Written by Charles B. Griffith
- Starring Richard Garland, Pamela Duncan, Russell Johnson, Leslie Bradley, Mel Welles, Richard H. Cutting, Beach Dickerson
- Produced by Roger Corman, Charles B. Griffith
- Original Music by Ronald Stein
- Cinematography by Floyd Crosby
- Film Editing by Charles Gross
- From the depths of the sea... a tidal wave of terror!
Attack of the Crab Monsters is a 1957 independently made American black-and-white science fiction film, produced and directed by Roger Corman (via his Los Altos Productions) and distributed by Allied Artists Pictures Corporation. The film starred Richard Garland, Pamela Duncan and Russell Johnson. Attack of the Crab Monsters concerns a second scientific expedition that is sent to a remote Pacific island to discover what happened to the scientists of the first. Unknown to them when they arrive, the island is inhabited by a mating pair of two radiation-mutated intelligent giant crabs that consumed the first expedition. The giants are also slowly undermining the geology of the island, causing it to fall away, piece-by-piece, into the ocean. (Wikipedia)