An American Hippie in Israel/Fun Facts
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- Originally received a limited theatrical release and had trouble finding a distributor, since it didn't fit any one particular genre.
- Caught on with the Tel Aviv midnight movie circuit, where it received the MST/The Rocky Horror Picture Show treatment, with fans acting out scenes and talking back to the screen.
- The country name Israel is never mentioned in the dialogue.
- The closing credits thank the "Port Autorities of Tel Aviv."
- The scenes on the island were filmed on Pharaoh's Island, Gulf of Aqaba, Egypt.
- Director Amos Sefer's only feature film.