- Released in 1969
- Running Time: Spain: 83 min | Argentina: 99 min | Australia: 81 min (25 fps) (video) (cut) | Italy: 90 min | Sweden: 86 min (banned version) | UK: 70 min | USA: 86 min | West Germany: 94 min
- Aspect Ratio: (1.66:1)
- Production Co: Cinematografica Associati (CI.AS.)/Corona Filmproduktion/Hesperia Films S.A./Towers of London
- Distribution Co: Commonwealth United Entertainment (1969) (USA) (theatrical) (dubbed), Astral Films (Canada) (as "99 Women")
- Directed by Jess Franco
- Written by Anya Corvin (German dialogue), Milo G. Cuccia, Carlo Fadda, Jess Franco, Javier Péres Grober, Harry Alan Towers (English dialogue - as Peter Welbeck), Ornella Zanell
- Starring Maria Schell, Herbert Lom, Rosalba Neri
- Produced by Luis Laso and Harry Alan Towers
- Original Music by Bruno Nicolai
- Cinematography by Manuel Merino
- Film Editing by Stanley Frazen, Bruno Mattei (Italian version), Gabrielle Reinecke (German version)
- Off the coast of Panama, there is an island with a female penal colony, run by a sadistic superintendent. When several prisoners mysteriously die, leading to a breakout and mutiny, an extensive investigation of the horrific events begins.
Also Known As
- Der Heiße Tod (Germany)
- 99 donne (Italy)
- 99 gynaikes (Greece)
- 99 mujeres (Spain - cut version)
- Amour dans les prisons des femmes, L' (France)
- Les Brûlantes (France)
- Island of Despair (USA)
- Isle of Lost Women | Prostitutes in Prison
- Sex im Frauengefängnis (Germany)
- The Hot Death
- Women's Penitentiary XII (USA - video title)
- 99 WOMEN...behind bars -- without men!
- One soul hungered to touch another!
- Whisper to your friends you saw it!